Cold Weather Policy
Just a reminder that for when our weather turns colder, students need to make sure they are dressed properly for the outdoors. They will be outside up until the temperature and wind chill are -25 degrees C. Please refer to our policy below.
- Students will be asked to remain outside until 8:55AM and 12:35PM, with the exception of inclement weather (see below) or permission granted by a teacher.
The color code system for cold weather works as follows:
GREEN – used when the temperature is COLDER THAN -25° C (including wind chill)
- Students may come into their classrooms in the morning and at noon.
- Parents, please do not bring students earlier than 8:45am.
- All students stay in at recess.
- Lunch students will stay in at noon.
ORANGE – used when the temperature is between -22° C -24° C (including wind chill)
- Students may warm up briefly in the west foyer and then are expected to return outside.
RED – used when the temperature is WARMER THAN -22° C (including wind chill)
- Students shall remain outside before school and go outside at recess and at lunch.